Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Starred Review for Musk Ox Counts!

A few days ago, my editor sent me a very exciting email telling me that Publishers Weekly had given my upcoming book, Musk Ox Counts, a starred review. This was exciting for me, in part, because it's my very first starred review. As my agent told me, it's not an issue if you don't get a starred review--most books don't--but getting one is a big deal. More librarians and other booksellers take notice if you get a starred review.

(For those who don't know, Publishers Weekly is a weekly trade news magazine aimed at publishers, librarians, booksellers, and literary agents. Also, you can only get one star. It's not like other reviews where one star is bad and four or five stars is good. Here, one star is as good as you can get.)

And just a reminder--Musk Ox Counts comes out September 3. So go ahead and preorder if you haven't. It's a great book. Just ask my mom. (She's not biased at all.)

No comments: